Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Out To Lunch

Amber Cola took me out to lunch for my early birthday present. I love Amber so much, she is such a sweet friend and a terrific example of fitness!! Homegirl is hot and totally unwavering when it comes to exercise. But anyway, I ordered a chili verde burrito with rice and refried beans. Plus I had chips and salsa. I didn't eat dinner because I knew it put me at my calorie limit. Devonn might get me a 6-inch Subway sandwich on his way home but if not, I'll eat some strawberries and call it done. I'm not hungry either which is awesome. I know I should be consuming pretty level amounts of food at regular intervals to keep my metabolism stable but whatever. I am so into not going above my calories that it's becoming kind of an obsession. I keep having to remind myself that I'm celebrating and that it's okay.

I think I have lost 1 pound so far. I really hope I can lose another one!! My birthday is on Saturday and we're going to my parents for dinner so I'm not sure. I'll just keep on working out... even if it's 30 measly minutes on the stationary bike. I need to make sure I actually eat the 1200 calories too. And I need to drink way more water!! I know that it is the absolute key to weight loss success, it's just hard to train yourself to drink so much when you're used to drinking like 1 cup.

While on the bike today, it appeared as though I've lost a little in my thighs. While in the shower, it appeared as though I lost some from my boobs. I have not lost any from my stomach. It's always the first to appear and the last to go. It's all good though. Wish me luck hitting my 2 lbs this week?

One last thing, I think I'm over my sugar addiction! (I could easily fall into it though) I've been surrounded by it quite a few times lately and I can totally refrain. Today I ate three of the hershey's kisses Amber gave me and that's it... only three! Before, I would have eaten the entire bag.

Oh and also, does anyone know the actual effectiveness of vitamin b6 at boosting metabolism? I took half of one when I was pregnant for a couple months to quell the extreme barfiness and I was pretty hot. I know that the majority of that was because I was eating well and too sick to eat crappy but I can't help but wonder. I also question whether the b6, which supposedly can lead to the expression of certain genes, is what caused the seizure gene to express itself in Lexi. I am totally wracked with guilt. But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment