Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 2 Weigh-In: Success!

We weighed in yesterday morning. I lost 3.8 pounds during the week! In the two weeks since our "lifestyle change," I have lost 9 pounds; 46 more to go! 9 seems like such a tiny number in comparison to the 46 I have left. I have these 8 lb weights though, and it's fun to pick one up and think that I am no longer carrying that around.

For those wondering, I beat Devonn again but I'm not sure we're going to compete much anymore... we'll see. It has been hard finding time for my rewards. Plus, Devonn has been sick and he's usually busy. The competition/rewards system was my idea and he just kind of went along with it, I don't think he was ever really into it. Although, if he were winning I think he would be super into it.

Okay, I'm exhausted!!! Was up sticking the pacifier in the baby's mouth every couple hours...

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo, 9lbs is 16% of your goal! That's a great amount for 2 weeks in. :-) This time next week you'll probably hit 20% of your goal and be 1/5 of the way there! Pretty fantastic numbers, if I might say so myself!

    If Devonn's not up for competition, you can always set little rewards for yourself like I do. :-) $5 here and there isn't too much. Or you could go for the long-term goal like me. Milan Institute does 90-minute massages for $40 (60 minutes for $25). Totally affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you make me feel better about it when you say that it's 16%. That seems like such a bigger, better number. And that is CHEAP for a massage! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete