Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So Nervous!!

I am so nervous that I won't lose weight this week or that it will be minuscule. And then I will question whether it's because I haven't been eating enough calories each day (working hard at that one)--according to hundred's of successful people in the forums at myfitnesspal, when they initially plateaued, they began eating all of their 1200 calories plus half of their calories earned through exercise and they never plateaued again. I will also question whether it could be my period is lurking around the corner. A funny thing about my period, I'm 2-3 lbs heavier when I'm PMSing and when I'm menstruating but the day before my period starts I tend to be a couple pounds lighter than my actual weight. If I happen to weigh in that day, it would kind of suck because then the following week when I haven't lost any I would be discouraged.

I do realize that I'm too obsessed with a number on the scale. The bottom line is that I've been feeling pretty good and that's nice. This morning, I was SO exhausted but I decided to just exercise (I did a 10-minute workout on the cable) and then I wasn't tired anymore. I did so great with my calories and exercising (I also cleaned quite a bit) that I was able to eat a John's Burger salad (with the ranch and cheese)...yeah baby! From my estimation, the salad is about 1005 calories.

I'm also really going to cut down on the diet soda. I'm working towards either only having one a day (a can). Or only having one when we go out.

The website My Body Gallery is pretty great but it's kind of funny because supposedly people my weight and size wear a size 18 pants but I'm wearing a 22. I do have a BIG stomach though, so that could be why.

Okay, I need to get to bed earlier tonight!

PS- To Sarah, thanks for the soda causing water retention tip! I can drink one a bit later than 4pm the previous day, but not much later. I guess I never gave it any thought. But now that I know, it makes my weigh-ins a bit happier.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're where I was last week! You have nothing but my sympathy. Just remember, if your weigh-in sucks this week, don't give up! I know I'm having a hard time keeping myself motivated. It was so easy when I dropped 4-5lbs in a single week, then when I only lost 1lb the following week and now I'm just trying to get below where I was last week (so far with no luck). It's really frustrating, but if we stick it out, we'll be skinny chicas soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I weighed myself this morning and was 2 lbs lighter than my last weigh-in which helped with my motivation for sure. Hopefully I can at least sustain that. I'm totally crazy and imagine things my parents and in-laws think (like, "wow, she's gotten fat." Or, "She won't stick with it") and it strengthens my resolve. :) Terrible, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get it. One of my sad motivations is James. He always wolf-whistles and makes comments and I want to stop thinking "yeah, right, you're just saying that".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and another passing thought: Women who have c-sections tend to gather weight right where most mid-rise pants fall. I've heard several complaints that they have to wear larger pants because of it. It seems to be the same for me, though. That site... everyone my "size" is a 12/14, and I'm wearing 16s that stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes sense. I noticed it too, but assumed that it's because I just carry my weight around my middle (which is true). But the c-section thing makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're awesome Carla. Thanks for the invite, I think you will motivate me.

    ReplyDelete