Monday, March 7, 2011

Fantastically Fit

I want to be fantastically fit, hence the name of the blog. I'm tired of being FAT. I want to run and not be weary, I want to have the stamina to play for hours with my crazy kids, and if we're being honest here-- I want to look hot. I am at an all time high and enough is enough.

I will likely be putting all the nitty gritty details on this blog so at first, readers will be very limited. Once I achieve some weight loss/fitness goals and am feeling more comfortable, then I might add more readers.

So here we go:

I am 5'7" (really 5'6.5" probably but we'll go with 5'7"). And 214 pounds. Yuck. My BMI is 33.47; I am obese class I. It is sickening because right after Lexi, I was in the 180's/190's and just overweight. I am fairly sedentary and have just been inhaling food. I will not tell you that I'm one of those people that doesn't eat a lot because that would be a lie. Also, I eat completely unhealthy crap. I hate cleaning up after I cook and I don't enjoy cooking while the baby cries so we usually just eat out. A quick disclaimer as far as my weight: I weighed in Sunday evening after eating a lot all day so when I weigh in next Sunday in the morning, it will probably be a lot less, so it won't be a totally true weight loss reflection.

My initial goal weight is 159 (a 55 lb. loss) which will put me at the high end of normal in regards to BMI. Devonn is working with me and it is so nice to have some support! I think we can keep each other going this time. My initial plan for achieving this goal weight is eating better and using the weight watchers points plan, only I'm CHEAP, so I'm using a non-weight watchers app on my phone. My initial allotment of points is 35 daily points. I'm hoping to lose about 2 pounds/week which will put me at my initial goal mid-September- just in time for the new school year! Devonn and I are planning on competing with one another. The winner for the week gets something like an hour long massage or a baby-feeding free day or something equally awesome. We competed in a "Biggest Loser-Service Edition" a couple years ago and we both did pretty well so it seems competition will be helpful. We're also planning on setting up a system of rewards, small incremental rewards for certain percent of weight lost and then some kind of amazing reward for reaching our goal.

My initial goal and plans are low, I don't want to set myself up to fail so I'm taking it one step at a time. First, I will stop eating out (we REALLY can't afford it anyway) and will start counting points and staying within my limits. I'm also going to work on getting adequate sleep (which will mean getting to bed before 12:30am.) I might add some walks or something in, but for now I'm not worried about exercise. I'm also not planning on drastically reducing my diet pepsi intake just yet (even thought I KNOW it makes me crave carbs. Baby steps.

Okay the baby is waking from her nap and I want to do a couple things to the layout and add some stuff so here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck! We're in the same boat it seems. Hopefully we both get nice and skinny together!

    ReplyDelete