Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Weigh-In Results

My first weight in was this morning (Sunday morning). After 6 days of dieting, I lost 5.2 lbs! My starting weight was probably actually lower than 214lbs though because I weighed myself in the evening when I can be up to 3 pounds heavier so really I could have lost less. But ANYWAY, I'm just going to go with it and celebrate the 5 pound weight loss!

I beat Devonn percentage wise, but barely. I know he's too busy to do all of Lexi's feeding for a day and a massage sounds great, so a massage it is!

It has actually been hard for me to eat 1200 calories because I'm mental. I know that I need to so as not to go into starvation mode, but it's tough. I'm so afraid of completely blowing it. I know that there are no foods that are 0 calories and I know that I need to eat...(can we say eating disorder? No, in reality, I get very close to 1200). My parents agreed to let me borrow their super old stationary bike as well as to let me have my old bike back. I think that once I can ride the stationary bike an hour each day, it will be easier to justify eating... I don't know.

But anyway, my cravings haven't been too bad at all. (Except today when Grannie was making chocolate chip cookies at Blaine and Carrin's... curse her! But I abstained). I plan on eating what I want on Disneyland days since one cheat day every few weeks won't hurt your diet, plus I burn well over 1000 calories from walking around all day.

It occurred to me today while listening to the Word of Wisdom lesson, that I am actually following the Word of Wisdom pretty close to the way it was intended. I have been eating lot of fruits and veggies and whole grains. I've dropped my meat consumption to "sparingly" and I've eliminated sweets from the day to day (like I mentioned before, it has to be all or nothing with sweets--plus one cookie is like 150 calories-yuck!) But come Disneyland, big fat cinnamon roll, here I come!

I'm due to start my period in something like a week. I have WICKED chocolate/carb cravings when I'm PMSing. Plus, I gain a few pounds except the day right before it, I oddly drop a few. But anyway, Devonn stands a chance next week I guess.

Well, it is now after midnight (dumb time change) and I need to get to sleep.

PS- For those wondering, The Word of Wisdom is a set of health guidelines that tell us, very simply put, to abstain from addictive, harmful substances and to consume healthy stuff. Basically it just tells us to be healthy like we know we should! (There's more to it, but yeah...)

No comments:

Post a Comment