Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Plan

I had been using the weight watchers plus points system on the app I bought for my phone but I decided to calculate the calories just to see and I was disappointed to find out that with the new plus program, my calories were a bit high. So I'm going to start counting calories instead. I'm using this website: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/. It is pretty awesome, it has a database with just about every food and exercise imaginable. There is also a free app for mobile devices that syncs with your regular account. So, that is the new plan.

Also, I'm cutting back on diet pepsi (kinda). My plan for now is to only drink it with lunch and dinner, but I'm not going to be all nazi about it (sometimes I just want one, like now). I also decided to start exercising once in a while just to burn off some extra calories and to be able to indulge in a bit of extra food once in a while. I'm not going to be all nazi about exercising either. Still taking baby steps so I don't suffer burnout. Yesterday the kids and I took an hour long walk. I want to do something today but we'll see, maybe biggest loser after the kids go to bed? Maybe walking the bluffs with them?

PS- It looks like Devonn and Sarah are the only readers (I also invited Alison Moreno but she hasn't accepted yet). Just letting you all know.

2 comments:

  1. I've found that if I only have soda before like 4pm, it doesn't affect my weigh-in the next morning (I retain a little water until the sodium from the soda gets out of my system). So if you weigh-in Sunday morning, avoid the soda (even diet) the evening before. You'll get a more forgiving number that way, at least in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the tip. Too bad it's 3:42 and I just bought a route 44 diet coke :(

    ReplyDelete