Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cue Ominous Music?

Weigh in is tomorrow. I did start my period. My pants feel too tight. I didn't exercise much. I ate a bit of crappy stuff and probably went over my calories a couple times. I haven't been good about logging my meals lately but I am mindful of what I've been consuming. The last time I checked, I was down 1.5 lbs- I think I'm back up though. A 2 lb loss would make me happy (although Devonn lost much more I think). I need to shower but I worry that my skin will absorb and hold enough water to make me heavier, not to mention my hair... wacky, huh?

Since this blog is private and it's about my health, I feel comfortable sharing too much. I haven't been able to use tampons in years. They do not fit comfortably and when they do, the blood just goes around them or something. I'll totally fill a pad and pull out a tampon to discover that it's barely used. I've tried every different brand with similar results- sometimes they just retain a weird shape even though they're supposed to fan out to fit your body. They worked when I was a teenager (sneaking them from my mom because she was WACKY and never let me use them). I think they stopped working after I had James or Andrew. I tried "Instead" today, a disposable cup type of product. Supposedly it's a wonder product for women with similar issues to mine. Well, it didn't work. I cannot get it to insert fully and rest on top of my pubic bone. It's supposed to kind of suction to your cervix... it didn't. I'm bummed because even with the best pads, I fill one every hour for several days during my period. That's a WHOLE LOT of running to the bathroom. I'm almost home bound during those days. So anyone, (ie, Sarah, the only regular reader) have any suggestions? I'm probably going to talk to the nurse practitioner when I go in for my annual (someday). But who knows.

Also, I have had the crappiest skin ever lately. I don't know what is going on. It's been this way for a few months. Did my pregnancy with Lexi forever alter my hormones so I'll just have ugly skin? There's a slight possibility of it being my cholesterol meds but it doesn't really seem feasible.

Okay enough whining and complaining! I need to go prepare for Sunday (sadly, not my favorite thing to do).

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, yuck about the period blahs. I swear all I can use are the supers. Everything else feels like it's going to slide right out (and has similar problems to yours, actually). No fun at all.

    Yay for another pound lost this week. Better than I'll probably do, lol.

    ReplyDelete