Friday, March 9, 2012

Conclusion of Biggest Loser Round 1

My final weigh in was 205.0- a 2.2 lb loss for the week and 17.6- pound loss for the Biggest Loser duration. My overall loss since I started taking care of myself (a couple weeks before the start of Biggest Loser) is 19.8 lbs! That is a good number and it makes me happy! This past week I have gotten compliments on how my face looks thinner and it's awesome. The most awesome thing though is that diet Pepsi's don't taste as good as they used to and that I don't have these intense cravings for junk anymore. I am so excited to continue this weight loss journey. I am excited to think that when I start at Cal State, I will be thinner- they will never know the blubbery, bloated 225 lb Carla. I feel like this weight loss has instilled some confidence in me and I like it. I can't imagine the confidence I'll have when I'm at a healthy weight. It is going to be awesome!

Things I need to work on: EATING enough calories! Varying my exercise routine. Increasing water consumption a bit more. Getting more sleep! I am pretty well tired every day and I know it's mostly due to a lack of sleep and the lack of calories probably don't help much either.

Okay, my baby monster needs my attention right now but before I go, I want to leave you with pictures of my hair cut! I think the stylist did a great job. It's a totally different color but I like it. I went in there telling her I wanted layers and shoulder length and she talked me out of going shoulder length- thank goodness. She thinned it out and added lovely layers and it feels so nice. I hate self portraits and I totally couldn't get a clear one of the back of my hair so the second one is nerdy, but I can tell that my face does indeed look thinner. Yay!



1 comment:

  1. Yay! You look great! I can totally see the weight loss in your face. Your hair looks really really good too; your stylist did a great job. And AWESOME on the 19.8 lbs so far! Woo hoo! Good work on the Biggest Loser thus far too. I'm excited to see your progress as you continue doing better.

    I too need to work on drinking more water. I only seem to drink it around and during my workout and not so much during the day. And it's the only thing I drink- so I definitely need to work on hydration here.

    Good luck moving forward! Cal State better watch out ;)

    ReplyDelete