Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekly Weigh In and Plateaus

I think I finally started to break through my plateau in the last couple days. Unfortunately, it was just too close to weigh in day for Biggest Loser. So I lost 1.6lbs for the week. This past week I wasn't able to exercise nearly enough at all, I was stressed about school, and I didn't drink enough water. For much of it I was eating way too few calories... The couple of days I met or very slightly exceeded my calorie goals, I lost weight-go figure. I have a grip of assignments due on Sunday but after that, this week is easy breezy so I should totally be able to exercise like a maniac.

I found out that James and Andrew could go on the zipline in Catalina as a tandem rider with a family member over 18. Andrew probably wouldn't want to go on it, but it's James's dream. Well, both Devonn and I are way too fat to let him ride with us. The combined weight of the riders fully clothed cannot be more than 240lbs. James is around 60lbs- he might be more than that by the time Catalina comes. At the very most, the adult rider can't exceed 180lbs. With enough diligent work, I feel like I could totally lose 40lbs by the time we go. It would be difficult but not unattainable. A 40lb loss would put me in the low 170's. James could go with me on the zipline and I would be looking and feeling way hotter, plus Devonn would be a happy camper for our anniversary! :)

So I guess that's my next big goal- a 40lb loss by early August. Wish me luck!

PS- Here is a fun video for it:




2 comments:

  1. Okay, that video made me SO excited for Catalina. That zip line looks super awesome/fun. You can totally do 40lbs by then! We'll both be able to enjoy it- and I'll have to talk Gary into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome goal! Not just for you, but for James as well. :-) 40lbs, you can do it! You've got Em and I (and others, I'm sure) rooting you on. Go, Carla!!

    (BTW, as they always say "a loss is still a loss", so congrats on the 1.6!)

    ReplyDelete