Wednesday, February 22, 2012

30 Day Shred

This has to be QUICK because I need to shower and do loads of homework before I go to bed and it's already late for an old lady...

I just completed 30 Day Shred. I am totally WEAK. I had to stop about half to 75% of the way through everything and then start back during the next set. And still, even with the weenyness I exhibited, I'm sitting here shaking and sweating buckets. I decided that I won't be ready for level 2 until I can do all the jumping jacks--wish me luck. I plan on doing 30DS 3 days/week and the stationary bike or some other cardio 2 days.

So, wanna hear something sad? A couple days ago I discovered that I cannot do a sit up anymore at all. :( Hopefully after all the ab workouts in 30DS I'll be able to again before too long. It's crazy when I realize how very in shape I used to be (like when I was a teenager). I used to be able to do all this stuff with no problem at all, and I looked hot doing it if I do say myself.

Okay, so I have lost just over 2lbs so far this week but I recently started the placebo pills which can sometimes be a fat time for me... my goal is 2 lbs/week; I have been eating healthfully and exercising. I didn't drink NEARLY enough water today though... Anyway, I will happy with a 2 lb loss so hopefully I sustain it.

In the middle of typing this my computer crashed and Devonn distracted me about 2 dozen times with his Guam info and sad Pearl Harbor videos. (He's preparing a lesson and I'm in love with U.S. History so I'm easily distracted) so it's definitely time to get to work. I'll post again Friday after the weigh in maybe.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, c-sections completely cut open that stomach muscle and it takes time to repair. It's no wonder you can't do a sit-up. You've had 3 of them! You'll get better over time.

    I've yet to do level 2 of 30DS. I'm thinking I might go up soon. Level 1 still tires me, but not to the same extent any more (so I guess, even though I'm not great at doing it regularly, it's doing its job!).

    2lbs a week is GREAT, by the way. It takes a lot of dedication and hard work to get that much. :-) Remember, when it doesn't seem like you're doing much, look at percentages. If 40lbs if your goal, 2lbs is 5%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of it that way. 5% does sound way better than 2 lbs. And it does take a lot of dedication. I thought the weight would fall off by just consuming less calories (scientifically it's supposed to), but I'm working my butt off (literally) for those 2 lbs.

    So I'm totally NOT very sore from 30DS, I think I didn't push myself as hard as I should have at all. I should have had sore abs and stuff at least. All I have are very tight legs, especially my quads. Next time, (maybe today, maybe Friday), I'm going to push myself a lot harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on the workout! I'm totally looking forward to trying it out now.

    And seriously- 2 lbs in a week really is awesome. I never thought about percentage as well- that's a good way to see it! Sweating buckets means you did work pretty hard, regardless of soreness. Are you stretching after? That could help with any tightness (unless it's part of the workout).

    Do the placebo pills really have an effect? I don't literally take the pills but I do notice bloating and other regular period symptoms during that week. Not fun stuff. Exercise does help though!

    Anywho, keep up the great work! You'll get there on the sit-ups. I totally agree with Sarah on the c-section thing- it will get better with practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I totally don't take the placebo pills either but usually that time is period time so it can make me all bloaty and fat. It also sometimes makes me skinny and light depending on the day. This time, I forgot to take my pills with me to our overnight Disneyland trip last week so I missed one pill, causing bleeding to start for a couple days. So so far, no period this placebo week. Who knows what's going on in there...

    Anyway, each 30 Day Shred is a full workout complete with a warm up and cool down so I did stretch afterwards. I just apparently haven't done a squat in a long time and my legs are letting me know it.

    ReplyDelete