Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Not Thrilled

So according to myfitnesspal and other sites, I should be losing 2.3 pounds per week just by restricting my calories to 1200 a day. I am NOT. I am probably losing like 1/week. It is frustrating to say the least. I do need to do better drinking more water. I was doing GREAT at first but haven't been doing so hot lately... I also know that I should be exercising more, but with a whiny baby and everything else going on in life, there REALLY isn't any time to fit it in. I am going to attempt to do the way too long, tedious homework assignment that is due tomorrow right now, while Devonn is holding Lexi, that way I can go jump on the stationary bike if I finish early enough. Wish me luck with the weigh in this week- I need it!

PS- We went to Disneyland this weekend and while I didn't count calories, I made excellent choices. Last night though, I had to grab dinner on my way home from school and I didn't make the best choices- I ate two regular bean burritos. It could have been worse but I know that they are calorie LADEN.

4 comments:

  1. :-( Sorry it's rough. It's hard finding time when so many other things are at the top of your priority list. Hope you have an awesome week this week and you have a big loss soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I can't imagine such a busy schedule. But you're pretty super awesome, so you've got this. I do totally wish we lived closer too.

    I just read an article (like an hour ago) about how increasing your fiber a lot can really help with losing weight faster (100% whole grains and wheat, etc). We recently bought Fiber One bars we take in the evening- so maybe that's helped contribute to my luck lately, I don't know. But anyway...you will do great! Lots of luck at the weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The increased fiber is one thing that I've been doing right. I have to consume tons of fiber to help reduce and keep my cholesterol in check. I usually eat a Fiber One bar chopped up in my otherwise unsweetened oatmeal- it's pretty yummy. And all of our bread products are whole wheat and there is a lot of fiber in the veggie burger brands I eat. Nuts are a huge source too but they're so high in calories, I've been staying away from them. I'm calling soon to make an appointment to have my cholesterol checked so we'll see if the fiber has done its job!

    I'm really hoping that the lack of big numbers has just been due to a lack of exercise, water, and sleep. My goal is to be awesome with those things to see if that was the issue all along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Hopefully you'll see better results with your cholesterol then because of it.

    Sorry it's been difficult to squeeze in exercise and get good sleep though. Fingers crossed you'll be able to find a way and have a good weigh in.

    ReplyDelete