Monday, January 30, 2012

Frustrating

Lexi has got to be the most clingy, needy baby ever right now. I am hoping it is a phase. I love her and I love that I'm her favorite person at the moment, but sheesh it's frustrating. The only thing she "lets" me do at all is stand to fold laundry on by bed. Unload the dishwasher, spend any time whatsoever on the stationary bike, forget about it. It is getting very difficult to exercise. I am determined though. I guess I'll just have to do all my exercising with her which is going to end up being a lot of bike rides (with her in the trailer) and lots of walks. I need to make a schedule for myself because aside from exercising, I have to do chores, school, homework, kid pick ups and drop offs, cooking, stuff with the boys. And then Devonn is busy ALL the time...

In other, non-complaining news, I think I'm doing well with Biggest Loser. I have been weighing myself frequently and the number seems to be going down. I am scared to death that because I was on the placebo pills and now I'm back on the real deal, that the number won't budge, or worse, go up! I am also concerned because I ate less than 1200 calories yesterday- I am trying not to make a habit of it, but it's tough. I might have to take Emilee's advice about not counting until the afternoon but that's super tough for me...

4 comments:

  1. Poor little Lexi- and poor mama, too! Hopefully it's just a phase that will quickly pass so you can do things again. I can't imagine such a busy schedule- I don't know how you keep up! I would totally babysit her if I lived closer.

    I'm glad the Biggest Loser thing is going well so far for you. Progress is progress! I wouldn't worry about the placebo thing too much. When I started BC, I had a tough time fighting the scale, but I kept at a workout routine anyway. After the first couple of months or so, when it all balanced out, I was losing like a pound per day until I hit where I belonged. Totally paid off. It will work out! You can do it.

    Sorry for the lengthy comment.

    PS- We'll both look hot this summer at Catalina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that in the long run the birth control won't be an issue but in the short term I'm concerned about the next six weeks- the duration of Biggest Loser. I've already been on the pills for a month though- hopefully it has already evened out!

    Catalina is 6 full months away- if I lose 5 pounds per month, I will be like 190ish. It's sad cause that's what I was (or maybe even less) after I had Lexi. But anyway, if I lost 8 pounds/month, I would be in the low 170's and that would be AWESOME for me. But, I know it's kind of a tough goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! The biggest factor with BC is estrogen- meaning water retention/gain, especially in the beginning. Hopefully you have evened out by now. Everyone is different. So obviously focusing on a low sodium diet (which I know is difficult in this country) and drinking a lot of water should help (you probably already know drinking lots of water actually reverses water retention by turning your body off survival mode)- but yeah, you know this stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I never even considered WHY BC causes weight gain/ weight retention. So thanks for telling me- it will help me keep drinking lots of water.

    ReplyDelete