Friday, January 20, 2012

Less Easy

I kind of ate a lot yesterday- I was just so stinking hungry! It was weird. I still made smart-ish food choices though. Except when I ate two fiber cereal bars (I have to up my fiber to reduce cholesterol), it was too many calories and TOO much fiber and as a result I had to hold my farts in during my public speaking class. Awesome, huh?

So with life being SO busy preparing healthy foods has been a bit more of a chore. I still do it because I genuinely want to be healthy, but what a pain. So, I bought some healthy-type convenience foods. Some frozen veggie-burger products, more fresh fruit, instant oatmeal... that way I don't have to spend forever cooking. I am mindful of every single thing I eat and on most days, I track it- I'm not trying to count calories, but it just happens when you log all your food. I have been doing pretty well but I'm still not losing much weight which is frustrating at times. I'm going to call on Monday to make an appointment to have my cholesterol checked. I think seeing the number reducing will make me happy. But, I also know that they might put me back on the medication.

I throw the exercise in where I can which is not enough! We took a family bike ride on Sunday to the in-laws. Andrew's inner tube had a hole in it so he and Lexi rode in the kid trailer with Devonn pulling. James had the hardest time because he hasn't had much practice since he learned to ride his bike, because his lame bike has the weird back pedal brakes, and because he is getting a bit too big. So, on the way home, we left him there, rode home, and then went back to get him with the car. We're hoping to find him a new inexpensive bike today. Well, Lexi has informed me that it's time to get off the computer.

1 comment:

  1. Keep at it! It eventually becomes completely natural like an everyday thing without thought. Even the small changes will make a big difference and you'll still lose weight.

    You could have added the farts as part of your speech. Like background music.

    ReplyDelete