Sunday, January 22, 2012

Updates

I stepped on the scale on Saturday fully clothed and after eating and I had lost another 2 lbs, but my official weigh in day is Tuesday so it doesn't count. I had a piece of very delicious chocolate cake at my grandpa's birthday party on Saturday. No idea how many calories... probably a lot. But, we went on a family bike ride later that afternoon. I put that I went less than 10mph and that we only rode for 15 minutes. Myfitnesspal gave me an estimate of just over 100 calories burned. In reality it was probably longer and for some of it, I definitely rode faster than 10mph. But either way, even if I only burned 100, that compensates a bit for the cake.

In terms of my REAL goal, just being healthier and reducing cholesterol, I have been doing SO much better than I was. I haven't had any red meat (and don't miss it). I haven't had much other meat either. Lots of fruit, veggies, and whole grain. I've been adhering to a Word of Wisdom diet pretty well and it feels good. It is so embarrassing and insane that I used to eat SO much crap. I finally took out the trash in my office the other day (it doesn't fill up too fast) and there was a Twix bag at the bottom. It was sad to think that I ate that entire bag in like 1 or 2 sittings. Plus all the other crap I likely ate that day. This wasn't a rare occurrence either- it happened all the time. Everyday shortly after a big meal or with a diet soda, I would start craving sweets- chocolate specifically so I would give in and eat one or two king size candy bars. What a nasty glutton. Right now I'm still in a vulnerable place when it comes to sweets, I know that if I ate one bite, it would start the cravings and mental obsession with them all over again. I think the cake when we went out didn't do it because I don't have access to it at home and it was a rare treat.

I still am not doing so well with getting to bed on time. There is just so much that ends up getting crammed into my nights because it is the time that the kids (Lexi in particular) are finally out of my hair. It's the time that I can finally sit down and do homework or load the dishwasher without someone getting all the knives out or taking two dishes out to every one that I put in. Plus I like to go to bed with Devonn and student teaching is hell in terms of being on a schedule- it is WAY more work than just preparing and giving lessons, it is also "TPA's," meetings, projects, etc. In the program, they tell you that your student teaching quarter is like boot camp and that you'll have no time for outside interests and little time for family- they weren't lying. Although Devonn refuses to give up time with family so he just goes to bed late...

Anyway, I should take this time to do some more homework... Adios!

PS- My Sister-in-law, Emilee, is HOT and has been such an inspiration to me! Please keep it up (and feel free to keep me accountable) Em!

2 comments:

  1. Go you on the healthier eating! I can do the exercise part (mostly), but giving up some of my eating habits is what's killing me. For what it's worth, my habits are/were just as bad (except, I didn't go for candy, but a box of Little Debbie cakes was my favorite).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Yay on the 2 lbs! Making those little changes makes a huge difference. It's always better than cold-turkey-ing everything at once- cuz then you'll never stick to it.

    Hopefully you'll be able to work the nighttime thing out- sounds crazy busy!

    ReplyDelete