Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Start of Biggest Loser

I weighed in for Biggest Loser yesterday- it was about 9:30am, I hadn't eaten breakfast (shame, shame) and I removed my shoes but was otherwise fully clothed. I weighed 222.6. Last night after I came home from eating pizza and birthday cake, I weighed 220.8- weird. Either I burned some calories (but not THAT many) or the hardwood floors where I weighed in were weird.

Today I have been adhering to a diet very well which isn't hard. I rode my bike from my apartment to the alley off of Auburn Oaks, near Fairfax and back. It was 1.77 miles according to my bicycling app. I thought I was going relatively fast, but apparently not. I guess I was only going around 8.5 mph which only equates to 88 calories burned... what a let down!

I think the challenge for me, as it always is when I count calories and attempt to diet, is eating a full 1200 calories. I tend to get so obsessed with not going over that I eat way less. When I eat less, I plateau and don't lose more than 1 pound, if anything. Okay, off to do homework and maybe plan dinner... I have 704 calories left to eat today.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same issue. Once I cut out all the high-sugar high-calorie junk, I don't eat enough. Best of luck in the contest! Totally rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ma'am. Right this second I'm suffering big time with the urge to go eat ALL the rest of Andrew's birthday cake. I think I had too many diet sodas and too little water, hence the cravings. Guess I better go get an apple...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the eating part. I'm so cautious about it all, I always have too many calories left over by the end of the day. So what I do now, is I don't bother to track until before dinner. I eat a normal breakfast, snack, and lunch without counting every detail. If this leaves me with a tiny dinner, so be it. Better than eating too little.

    Good luck! Sometimes when I'm being really food-cautious, then eat something big and unhealthy, I see the scale go down too. It's probably because your body needed more food to burn fat- I don't know. But down is down!

    You'll do awesome in the contest. A bike ride is a bike ride, no matter the calories!

    ReplyDelete