Saturday, April 7, 2012

Super Fast Not Great News

We essentially celebrated my birthday for a week. I am very, very disappointed in myself and the poor choices I made while we were on vacation... I totally ate like a pig and lazed about and I gained...a lot. Like, I am no longer in Onderland :( I am sad and angry with myself for doing that. I worked so hard to get my weight down to where it was and I totally erased like 3 weeks worth of progress by being a glutton. Well, lesson learned and I WON'T be doing that again.

Other news: I had my follow up ob/gyn appointment. Just to recap, several months ago I went to the Dr. for persistent cramping and spotting and they discovered a very large cyst so they put me on birth control to shrink it. Well, the pain got worse since then. Like way worse- think labor pains. And I cramp like 3 weeks out of the month. So today they discovered that I have polycystic ovaries. I have like 8 cysts in my left ovary and 2 or 3 in my right. My tumor has not grown though. The Dr. says that the cysts shouldn't be causing the type of pain I'm experiencing so he wants to do a laparoscopic scope to see what is going on in there and while he's doing that, he'll drain/remove any cysts. He said that there could be any number of issues going on including endometriosis, scar tissue, my uterine muscle growing through the uterine wall into other areas (forgot the medical term he told me...) He is hesitant to do a hysterectomy at my young age due to the risks and long term ramifications but before we really decide a course of action, he wants to see what we're up against.

I am so grateful to have the Dr. that I do- he is fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. On the plus side, rapid weight gain like that is easier to shed. Just get back on track and you'll be out of the 200s again in no time, this time for good!

    Hope you get some answers from your doctor soon. I can only imagine how frustrating the whole thing must be. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they pin point the cause. Yes he is a fabulous doctor. When I was having my hysterectomy the nurse asked me who was the surgeon and when I told her Dr. Owens, she said he is known as one of the best. Yo are in good hands.

    ReplyDelete