Monday, May 27, 2013

Onderland, again.

I have lost 6.6lbs in two weeks, from cutting out junk and drinking more water. I have been trying to stick to a strict diet of fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. I have reduced my carbs quite a bit and have pretty much cut out all sweets. (I did have a tiny spoon full of Nutella last night and it was marvelous and satisfying.) I have basically cut out soda but every couple days I'll have about half of one.

I took my first dose of Metformin today and so far so good. Yay! I am taking it with a larger meal, and being sure not to overeat, or eat tons of carbs/sugar while I'm on it because I don't want to experience the side effects. I have also been taking Spironolactone which can have bad side effects as well, but so far I haven't experienced any (other than more frequently urinating- good to know, huh?).

Because of the new dietary changes, I am finding it hard to eat 1200 calories- fruits, vegetables, and lean meats just aren't that high in calories... I am going to have to remedy this to avoid a plateau.

So anyway, I'm barely under the 200 mark... 199.8, but it still feels nice, especially considering I have barely started trying again... My goal is still 2lbs a week. I have 2.5  weeks until the end of the quarter so I will be around 195 or less (hopefully less ;) at that point. My next quarter starts in 4 weeks so I'll be in the low- 190's at that point. :)

Anyway, time to go hang out with a sweet little lady I know. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job on onederland! Cutting back on carbs and sweets is HARD! Way to keep it up (and still allow yourself a treat every now and then so you don't die). I also understand the calorie thing sucks too. Hopefully you find something that works for you!

    Glad the meds are so far so good. I know some women who do well on Metformin, so fingers crossed you have the same luck.

    ReplyDelete