Friday, May 24, 2013

Diet and Exercise

Most of you read my family blog so you know all about my PCOS and other issues. To really reduce the PCOS symptoms (which at this point I am really tired of the hirsutism, pain, and especially the acne), I need to combine diet and exercise along with my medication...

In terms of the exercise, it is difficult to find time around school AND family, but I can and will do it. I'm going to begin with swimming, walking, and the stationary bike (if I can get Devonn to get it from storage). Maybe bike riding sometimes too (except my bike is the "magna" I had when I was 12 and I'm way too huge for it so we'll see...)

The diet is what is going to be difficult for me... I am supposed to eat low carbs, high protein, no sugar. I am ALWAYS in a hurry and there is not enough time in the day to prepare meals as it is, so this will be a tough task. Plus there is the money aspect- we're broke always. Our grocery budget is $500/month to feed a family of 5 three meals per day (plus snacks). And healthy food REALLY is more expensive than processed food. And the really difficult part, is that I just don't know what to make for every meal and snack and what to eat without getting burned out after a short while. I plan on looking up some cheaper recipes but, again, there is the time aspect...

Anyway, lest you think this is just a complaining post, let me assure you all that I am excited to lose weight and get this all under control. I just can't post more because a little lady I know is waking up.

PS- I start Metformin on Monday and I'm scared! I really don't have time for its side effects. Plus, if they occur while I'm at school... embarrassing!

No comments:

Post a Comment