Friday, May 25, 2012

Surgery and Latest Updates

I had my surgery on Tuesday and it was a success in that I woke up from the anesthesia ;) We expected to find some scar tissue and adhesion's, along with some cysts and a tumor or two. Well, when he got in there, he was very disturbed to find that my uterus was COMPLETELY covered in scar tissue to the point that it had totally adhered to other internal organs such as my bowels, etc. It was so stuck that it couldn't move at all. NO WONDER! No wonder I had CONSTANT cramping and pain, no wonder I couldn't exercise without extreme cramping, no wonder I couldn't differentiate poop cramps with uterine cramps sometimes. ;) Just saying.

Anyway, he was able to cut it away from other internal organs to give it some mobility but there is still so much scar tissue that a hysterectomy is in the future. If I take it easy with this recovery and don't cause it to build more scar tissue and re-adhere to my internal organs, there is a chance that we can prolong the hysterectomy which is good considering surgeries SUCK. All my other parts looked good. The tumor hasn't grown, the ovarian cysts were gone (they always are in the first half of my cycle). I go back in two weeks to discuss things with him. (Such as how much I hate birth control, etc).

I always say it, but it's so true: I have the best family in the world. While I am recovering, Blaine and Carrin are watching Lexi for me because Devonn and the boys are on their manly camping trip. I am feeling okay right now thanks to anti-nausea medication and a pretty good thresh hold for pain. The pain felt like a c-section at first, without the giant incision. Now the pain is there but it is much better. I stopped taking the pain meds because I'm weird and kind of anti-medication... I have this irrational fear that taking too many will lead me to be less responsive to them in the future, plus I know that my body is capable of remarkable things on its own. PLUS, I didn't want to be constipated. I called the Dr. yesterday because I couldn't handle the nausea a second longer and he called in an Rx for Zofran... holy crap that stuff is GOOD. Dissolves on your tongue and voila, no more nausea. I love it. I was finally able to eat as a result of it which totally lifted my spirits and gave me some energy.


Anyway, that's that. He told me if I wanted to heal this time I needed to heed his warnings and REST for two weeks, just laying around. Sounds fun, huh? It's totally not though. It's boring and I miss being a mommy.


Oh, as far as weight loss, I'm still at 192- wtf? Even with barely sipping a tiny bit of soup and a tiny bit of applesauce over the course of three days, I'm still 192. Dumb.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well and the doctor was able to find out what was going on in there. It's crazy to imagine all the scar tissue like that! Wow.

    I understand what you mean when it comes to pain pills. I also try and limit my intake and I'm not a fan unless the pain is so bad, death feels like a better option. Glad to hear you found the right stuff for nausea. Nausea is the worst.

    Anyway, I hope your recovery is speedy and you're back on your feet again soon!

    Also, thanks so much for your comment on my blog. It felt kind of nice to get that off my chest since most of my blogs are braggy-things while I keep the hard parts to myself. I appreciate your support! I don't think I'd be so successful without all the support I get from you.

    ReplyDelete