Thursday, May 17, 2012

Back on Track

After slacking off for a few weeks and gaining a few pounds (I was up to 195), I am back on track as of today. My pre-op for surgery is tomorrow and then my actual surgery is on the 22nd (I am PRAYING that he will find something and come up with solutions). I am not going to let this crazy pains/cysts/tumor/who knows what else stand in my way though. I am in control, not these dumb medical issues. I wonder if these stupid problems are caused by fatness. Can't wait until I'm skinny to find out.

So I had fallen into to all kinds of bad habits- funny how quickly that happens, huh? I consumed WAY more soda than water, wasn't counting calories, was eating sweets and crap again, and wasn't exercising. That all ends now.

I am upset at the thought that I might not be able to take James on the zipline. I need to be between 170 and 180 to do it- probably closer to 170 because he might gain a pound or two by then, plus we'll have shoes and be fully clothed. We have 11 weeks until we go. I'm 195 right now (I think). If I lose 2 lbs/week, then I will have lost 22 lbs and be 173. That would be alright but with surgery and all the unknowns, I just don't know if that's a super attainable goal right now. I am going to try my very hardest though. I will see where I am at in a month and if I have lost an okay amount, then I will go ahead and book the excursion. I think it would be a perfect 8th birthday gift for James!

Okay, I exercised for 30 minutes today but I think I'll go do it again because I was over my calories.

1 comment:

  1. It's okay every now and then to fall back- we're humans and we need a break.

    Good luck on your surgery tomorrow. Hopefully your doctor will be able to find answers for you and your body will get back to feeling like it's supposed to. You can do anything! Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete