Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Post Op

I had my post op appointment today. Before going I prayed that my doctor and I would make the best decision for me right now. We decided to watchfully wait. I am going off birth control because I HATE it and to see what happens with my ovaries when I do. We are going to see how my uterus continues to respond to the surgery and decide a course of action if I continue to have pain. Dr. Owens is fabulous and I feel completely happy with this :) (it helps that the cramping has been much, much better the past couple of days and I was having second thoughts about lobbying for a hysterectomy).

He showed me the photos from the surgery... holy cow. My scar tissue was gnarly.

In weight loss/fitness news: I have been maintaining weight, but I have been eating REALLY, REALLY crappy food. I'm betting my cholesterol is off the charts. Now that I can exercise again (including lifting heavy stuff at the grocery store), I'm back on the wagon... I am not nearly as motivated lately (what's wrong with me?) so I'm hoping I'll keep it up.

Well, I'm SO tired and I have a laundry pile that is a few inches taller than me... no joke- so I think I'll go try to tackle that while Devonn works on an assignment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding it hard to get back in the habit as well. Great job on maintaining.

    Glad your post-op recovery is going well. So glad you have an amazing doctor. So jealous of him, btw, would've loved to use him if only he'd taken my insurance when I was pregnant w/ Megan.

    ReplyDelete