Monday, June 17, 2013

Surgery...

First, my weight... I have completely plateaued at 189.2. I stopped taking my Metformin even though I wasn't supposed to. I will probably start taking it again soon? I really don't know... I'm torn because I can eat and not be sick and miserable when I'm off it. But, I also get cysts when I'm off... Either way, I am going to focus on eating 1200 calories per day this week and drinking all the water I need to. I have no idea how being on Metformin vs not affects my weight... Maybe I'll try this week without it and if I have a good enough weight loss (and no cyst symptoms) I'll stay off... UPDATE: I'm going to start taking it again. In fact, I took one today. I might start with one a day (Dr. said that was fine) and then work my way up to two... It helps with the way I respond to insulin and keeps cysts and other symptoms at bay and helps me lose weight... When I'm eating enough anyway. I just hope I get used to the side effects soon. 

Anyway, I had an appointment last week with my reproductive endocrinologist... the cysts were GONE from both ovaries. He was thrilled with how much weight I had lost as well. He got the surgery notes from Dr. Owens last time where my uterus was totally adhered to my abdomen, etc and he said that is likely a large culprit as far as the pain was concerned... So, I am scheduled for a hysterectomy (uterus only) on August 15th. He is a very skilled surgeon but there is still a chance that he will have to do another bikini line cut and there is a chance of puncturing my bladder, etc. But, I'm not super concerned.

I will probably be posting many more details as time progresses.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for no cysts! That's awesome. And awesome on the weight loss thus far!

    Hopefully things start looking up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete