Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baby Steps

I have decided that I'm okay taking baby steps for now. I am eating okay (though I did slip up a bit and had a HEAVENLY chocolate milk shake yesterday, all things in moderation, right?) So anyway, healthier eating is baby step one. Baby step two: I have been on a way more normal sleeping schedule. Baby step three: I am drinking a lot more water, though I need to drink MORE.

On Monday, my professor for my Sociological Research Methods course (way more fun than it sounds; though, fun is relative) approached me in lab and told me that the TA told him that my annotated bibliography (for the research project I'm designing) was just outstanding. He asked me for permission to use it as an example for his future courses. It felt so great! Because I am an over-achiever in school (though I really try not to be sometimes), experiences like this are kind of common. The point I am trying to make isn't that I'm awesome... really, I'm not trying to be braggy at all... it's just, I do really well in school because it is what I devote my time to. My kids are happy, healthy, and rocking in school because they are what my time is devoted to. My house is livable because I devote some of my time to it... (not as much as school or the kids, it could be spotless and pristine). My marriage is happy and ridiculously fun because it is what Devonn and I devote our time to. My church class is fun every week and full of spiritual experiences because I devote my time to those kids (and because they are a GREAT group of kids. They seriously amaze me.) Anyway, you all get the point... I am okay not exercising as frequently as I should because of all of these other time consuming and FULFILLING things going on.

That being said, I'm taking small opportunities to get a tiny bit more exercise in throughout the day (baby steps again). I'm power walking (without looking like a dummy) across campus, I'm taking stairs, parking farther away, racing the clean up clock...

Anyway, Lexi is just begging me to squish her cheeks right now, so I must seize the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Baby steps is the best way to do it! You can do it!

    Having an awesome life always helps! Glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete