Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Surgery Canceled, etc.

As always, I only have a few minutes before I have to get my littlest munchkin ready and head out for school. Midterm today, wish me luck! 

I canceled my hysterectomy. I am going to see if I can diet and exercise these problems out of me. At this point, we really don't know what's causing my pain and bleeding... could be a mix of PCOS and scar tissue. I have had a tubal and about a billion other surgeries to help my symptoms, so there are no more babies in our future. I'm not hesitant about the hysterectomy because I want more babies, I just hate surgeries and if they're unnecessary then I hate them more. I am on hormones to try to help suppress my symptoms while I achieve a healthy lifestyle.

If the hormones don't work well within 4-6 months, I think I'll try to have Metformin prescribed for me but I really don't know yet.

Eating healthy has been okay, but finding the time to exercise while in school on the dreaded quarter system (while writing papers, taking midterms, etc), while still keeping the house going has been all but impossible. I know so many of you have achieved great fitness milestones and say "don't make excuses, blah, blah, blah" but until you have raised three children and taken 15+ units, while volunteering in various capacities, and making time for your husband, don't judge ;)

In terms of diet, I am trying to stick to a low carb, high protein diet. No caffeine, no added or artificial sugar. Eating breakfast daily, drinking lots of water, etc. And I'm trying to stay around 1200 calories but I'm not going to beat myself up over 1300 calories or anything.

Today I have cramps... BAD. I wish I knew WHY; Alas, I don't, so I think I'll have to take some Tylenol and hope it helps... 

Anyway, time to grab a snack and get ready. Kinda nervous... this midterm is 25% of my grade. :/

2 comments:

  1. I used just my two kids as an excuse for not being 100% on track. I'd say what you get done while raising three kids and juggling their school schedules and your own... Best of luck with all of this. You can do it. I hope the diet and getting control does the trick and surgery stays off the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah. This is why I love you. 'Cause you understand!

    ReplyDelete