Friday, June 3, 2011

Female Issues

I went to the ob/gyn yesterday. I saw Laura, the nurse practitioner. Although I've had experiences with Laura where her bedside manner isn't the best, yesterday went well. I explained to her that I'm basically bleeding/spotting and cramping 3 weeks out of the month (it seems to clear up for the week immediately before my period). After taking a history and feeling my uterus, she seems to think that the fibroid I had during my last pregnancy never went away. She said that my uterus feels abnormally firm and it did hurt while she was pressing on it with just mild pressure. My mom had these type of issues as well, fibroids and cysts, which eventually led to her having a total hysterectomy. Anyway, we won't actually know anything until after I have an ultrasound and because I have ghetto insurance, it has to be authorized first. So, I go back next Friday for that. I hope they find exactly what it is so they can treat me effectively cause this is getting crazy.

Anyway, I guess that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment