Friday, June 24, 2011

Female Issues Part 2

Uterus is abnormally thick. Blood within the lining of the uterus when there should not be. Fibroid still present. One treatment option to control the bleeding is hormonal birth control, but that could make the fibroid much larger and when I stopped taking it, I'd be right back at square one. The other treatment option (and the one I opted for) is endometrial ablation, where they burn out the lining of the uterus. This a relatively simple procedure and I should be back to normal quickly. This either takes away periods altogether (crossing my fingers) or greatly reduces them and the cramping and spotting will GONE! The only crappy thing is that my insurance requires an endometrial biopsy, which is painful and crappy, before they'll authorize the ablation. I was supposed to go in for my biopsy last week but my period showed up the morning of (FOUR days early!) So now the biopsy is scheduled for the 30th (the day after the all girls rafting trip).

No comments:

Post a Comment