Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Please Read This

http://blog.cjanerun.com/2011/04/janna-dean-weight-doesnt-matter.html

This article is full of truths that I really needed to hear. It would be easy for me to read an article like this and say "See!? I don't need to be putting tons of effort into dieting." I appreciate the truths in this article and it has inspired me to focus less on the weight loss aspects of my goal and more on the health aspects. So I will continue dieting (having an allotted amount of calories causes me to spend those precious calories on things that will fill me up and keep me full. In other words, I eat less crap.) This article helped me realize how important exercising is, even if I loathe it, I will strive to do it regularly. And as always, more water!

2 comments:

  1. I <3 it.

    Seriously, kinda puts a whole new perspective on it. The number really doesn't matter.

    I think I should toss my scale. And I'm not even kidding at this point...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! If Devonn weren't using ours, I'd toss it. I've read a handful of articles like this lately but I always revert to society's way of thinking when it comes to the perfect body. I guess I need constant reminders that my body allowed me to bring 3 healthy children into this world, enables me to perform the functions I need to, and is rarely ill. And you know, our husbands think we're pretty hot-for some reason, that never seems good enough for me though.

    ReplyDelete